Our client was looking to win more with shoppers. We conducted a deep dive into the digital purchase journey for electronic devices, exploring primary pathways to target, as well as the role and impact of digital touchpoints along the journey.
With these insights, the client sought to optimize their execution on key digital touchpoints, optimize their website and improve their presence and content on retailer sites.
Our approach consisted of three main phases:
By leveraging this approach, we were able to provide more strategic perspective based on our findings:
- We took a holistic view of the brand’s impact throughout journey touchpoints and used our state-of the-art analytics toolkit (Geode|AI™) to identify which were most important.
- Competitive benchmarks clearly established where the client was winning and losing, in critical phases of the journey.
- We provided purchase abandonment metrics that shed light on who was choosing not to buy, and why.
- The triangulation of qualitative, quantitative, and clickstream data pointed to earned media and the company’s website as the top areas of opportunity.
Our client is now leveraging our recommendations in a variety of ways, including:
- Evolving its social media strategy, based on earned media being identified as a gap.
- Optimizing the experience on their website, making it easier to shop earlier in the journey, where many consumers were lost.
- Developing a playbook to help retail partners optimize their online experience.